- In a large bowl, soak the chickpeas in water overnight. This helps soften them and reduce cooking time.
- The next day, drain the soaked chickpeas and rinse them well under cold water.
- In a pot, add the drained chickpeas and enough water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and cook the chickpeas until they are al dente, meaning they should be tender but still slightly firm. This usually takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Make sure not to overcook them, as they should retain some texture.
- Once the chickpeas are cooked, drain them thoroughly and transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Add the olive oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin to the cooked chickpeas in the mixing bowl. Toss them gently to ensure the chickpeas are evenly coated with the spices and oil.
To read the full recipe, download the app.
Ⓒ Printslon 2023